What is a Spring and Neap Tide?

10 February 2022
Spring and Neap tides are a result of the combined gravitational force of the Moon and Sun which result in bigger than average tides (Spring), or smaller than average (Neap).

Did you know?

2 September 2021
Water makes up about 71% of the Earth’s surface, while the other 29% consists of continents and islands. 96.5% of all the Earth’s water is contained within the oceans as salt water, while the remaining 3.5% is freshwater lakes and frozen water locked up in glaciers and the polar ice caps.

What is a Sextant?

2 September 2021
A sextant is a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects.We will be writing interesting articles that describe extactly what a sextant is and how we can use it to navigate the seas.