Water makes up about 71% of the Earth's surface, while the other 29% consists of continents and islands.
96.5% of all the Earth's water is contained within the oceans as salt water, while the remaining 3.5% is freshwater lakes and frozen water locked up in glaciers and the polar ice caps.
What is a Sextant?
A sextant is a doubly reflecting navigation instrument that measures the angular distance between two visible objects.We will be writing interesting articles that describe extactly what a sextant is and how we can use it to navigate the seas.
Did you know that the World's oceans cover approximately 71% of the Earth?
I created this site out of a love of water, whether is sailing, fishing, scuba diving or refurbishing an old boat